Overview of adding content to a new Collection
- Collection Manager or Administrator creates a new collection
- Collection stays in “pending” state
- Content is added
If there is a collection with no content, none of the content in other feeds can be published until the empty feed is hidden. The collection manager can still see the collection, and make changes to it. When it is ready for publication, it is then unhidden, and it’s state will change back to “pending”.
- Only an Adminstrator can publish a site.
- Once a site has been published, and a new collection is live, it can be modified by the Collection manager, and those changes will show up without the site needing to be republished.
- Changes may take as long as 3 hours to propagate, but typically it is in 30 minutes.